Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Where is the new pottery?


Folks may be wondering why there have been so few new items listed in my Etsy shop. I know Grandpa Doll looks like he is missing some new jugs!

The reason is a forced, but happy move of studio space.

I have been sharing rented studio space with other artists at in a large old building here in town. The building was sold, and we artists were given less than a week to move. So, I am trying to get my kilns up and ready as quickly as possible at home, but it means new wiring for the small electric kiln, and an inspector visit and new line for the large kiln, not to mention all the safety equipment I need! Whew!

I am hoping to be up and running by the end of February, but it really depends on how fast I can think outside the box to get things done safely and cheaply at home.

The upside is that will be producing pottery here, at home. I am very excited about that! And, since I already have my wheel set up, I am making greenware (unfired pottery) while I wait for the kilns to be ready to fire. And since my favorite part of the process is the throwing, I am pretty content.

Also, for those who have wondered- My husband Danny is doing well. He is out of the hospital again, and is up and around. Thanks for your thoughts and wishes for his health!

No comments: