Friday, April 2, 2010

April Fool's Day, 2010



This is my first post in about a year.
I have decided to post some happy stuff, after all that has happened this last year. If you know me you will agree it seems fitting to come back for April Fool's Day.

This year I made sushi rolls and pillows, sashimi with seaweed salad, all garnished with wasabi and ginger. It was served with jasmine tea and chopsticks.

Of course, being April Fool's Day, it wasn't really real. The sushi rolls started life as twinkies, fruit rollups, coconut, dried fruit and candy.
The sushi pillows were donut holes with Swedish
Fish and fruit roll ups.
The sashimi was seedless watermelon. Tea was apricot jello. The seaweed salad was fruit rollups cut into strips.

With pistachio pudding wasabi and dried apricots for ginger, the effect was pretty good, in a fun, cartoon sort of way!

Of all the April Fool's Dinners we've had, this one is by far the sugary-est!

Tasha found the idea for the sushi on the internet, and I found lots of help with the details at the hostess website www.HostessCakes.com and at familyfun.go.com/april-fools-day/.

Though my kids are now grown or almost so, it was just a lot of fun creating this meal. I got lots of help and the kids had fun sharing with their friends too.
Oh, and this year I got to share April Fool's day with yet another generation, my granddaughter Melody, who just happens to be the cutest thing on the planet.

5 comments:

ArticGal said...

I agree your granddaughter is the cutest and I think she is the smartest, too. She takes after her mother and grandmother.

Great April Fools Dinner!

Graciela Testa Lynt said...

Great April Fool's meal! And what a cute granddaughter! Great to see you back AntB!

Whimsical Trovers said...

Now that is a cute baby girl!

I know you're not checking yr Etsy shop often right now, but I left a convo for you over there. Ain't urgent, just a howdy.

;)

Lili

Mars said...

Glad to see you back. THAT was a fabulous meal! YUM.

Krista said...

Glad to see you around again--I loved your April Fool's Day meal :)

-Krista