Monday, March 31, 2014

April Fools Day Food!

Happy April Fool's Day!

Every year I try to do a fun fake food meal for my family. I thought my kids, who are now all adults, would be tired of it, but I think they look forward to it as much as I do. 
And with a granddaughter to enjoy it, I have more fun than ever!

This year I did the most simple meal I've ever tried, and I'm pretty pleased because the chicken nuggets are something I came up with myself. 

This is the April Fool's food for 2014 featuring chicken nuggets and dipping sauce, juice, half an orange. :


And this is what it is made from:

The chicken nuggets are slightly smashed coconut marshmallows, the sauce is strawberry jelly, the orange has been hollowed and filled with jello. When it sets up after being in the fridge all night, I'll slice it into wedges. The juice is more jello. 
For video instructions, look here.

So, super easy! And since April Fool's Day is on a school day, Grace is going to have the faux chicken nuggets in her lunch box! I know she's going to love it!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm missing this, maybe I can talk the kitchen into doing this for lunch. What I don't miss? Making peas out of green Tootsie rolls.