Monday, December 1, 2008

Miniature Monday - Something Ain't Reitz

Grandma and Grandpa Doll got a big box in the mail. It was from a grumpy middle aged potter lady they know. They were very excited to see what it was, because they like to collect pottery.

But when they opened the bowl they were disappointed.

It was a big, big bowl with crusty things on it. The note said it was a platter miniature done in a visceral style similar to Don Reitz.

"Who the heck is Don Reitz?" asked Grandpa.

"Well, he is kinda messy, I am guessing, " replied Grandma. "What does visceral mean?"

They didn't know, so they looked it up.

"It means 'having to do with the viscera, or intestines,' " Grandpa read.

"Guts? She sent us a Guts Platter??? What the hell was she thinking?"
Grandma sometimes says bad words when she is confused.

They discussed it and decided to sell the bowl. Having a big guts platter hanging on the wall is not their idea of art.

Grandpa said, "It's too bad that potter lady spends her time trying to make things like that. If she just used her feelings and intuition when she made her stuff, it would turn out better. "

"Yes," answered Grandma, "I wish she would just make pottery that gave you an immediate emotional reaction rather than trying to get all fancy. "

If you want to buy this miniature, it is available in my shop on Etsy.

5 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Another lovely piece!

Cynthia said...

Grandma and Grandpa are too dang funny!

chARiTy elise said...

grandma and grandpa always leave me in stitches-- those silly old coots!

tactical1 said...

~cracking up~
(this is deb btw I cant figure out how to log outta my boyfriends cause I cant remember my password :) )

Graciela Testa Lynt said...

LOL! I laugh at Grandpa's and Grandma's antics... but I worry that my husband and I are starting to sound a lot like that! :)